Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#2)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my teaser is from the book A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness .  I am not very far in this book at all but I have been hearing such good things about it.  In fact it is rainy and stormy out here today so I am going to spend a few hours reading it!


"These days vampires gravitated toward particle accelerators, projects to decode the genome, and molecular biology. Once they had flocked to alchemy, anatomy, and electricity. If it went bang, involved blood, or promised to unlock the secrets of the universe, there was sure to be a vampire around."


4 comments:

  1. Interesting that a book called "Discovery of Witches" has vampires in the teaser. Good way to illustrate the book's variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my Follow Friday. New follower. :) I've been meaning to get this book and read it! I'll stay tuned to see if you like it. :)

    Mandy @ Reality Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one! Haven't heard of it before though.. Are you enjoying it so far?

    My TT can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete