Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vixen

I read this book for my book club's April Book of the Month.  http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3551.YA_Book_Club   Well... I must say that the first half of the book was cute but only so-so. The end of the book was great though! All of a sudden the story really took off. I have to say it was kinda daring for the author to talk about an interracial relationship that took place in the 1920s. I will be curious in future books to see just how accurate to history the author stays. At first I wasn't going to read the sequel but now I am for sure! ! I gave it three stars only because the first half of the book was a little but of slow.

 Diva by Jillian Larkin
 Ingenue by Jillian Larkin

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I tried starting this one and I put it down for the same reason. I am encouraged by your opinion of the rest of the book though and I hope to get back to this one again soon. :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book yet, but it sounds interesting! The cover looks intriguing...Not sure if I should put this on my wishlist, though, if the first half isn't all that great...

    I'm here from the Comment Exchange Program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! Very honest. I haven't read anything thats centered in that era so hopefully I like it!

    ReplyDelete