Sunday, June 12, 2011

Paranormalcy Review



I just finished this book for my YA Book Club pick this month! Here is goodreads description:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
WOW!  I loved this book.  It was such a fun read.     I am glad this book has other paranormals then just vampires, werewolves, and zombies. I was so glad to see mermaids, hags, and water elementals. I just thought the author did a great job of making the first book it's own story and then leading into book two. I think too many YA books anymore use the whole first book to lead into the second so the first book never gets it's own story anymore.

I  like that Evie the main character was fun. The pink taser, the prom dress, her first kiss, the mall... all teenage things! I liked reading about her. I love love how the word bleeping was used every time someone was using a curse word. I thought this added a perfect amount of comedy.  The author was not afraid to add some sadness into the story either which was a nice change.  I thought that the main theme of the book was about being normal.  Who is normal?  What is normal?  I really think that people will relate to this theme, especially young adults.


I liked this book enough to really want to read the next book Supernaturally!



 I found this great picture of a quilt someone made that features some of the great parts of the book!  Evie's Taser that names Tasey, her pink books, her favorite TV show!  This is a fun quilt!

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I really enjoyed this one too! Evie was very quirky and just plain fun!!


    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by the blog!
    This book is bleeping fantastic. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. I keep hearing a lot about the second book ( as it is due out any moment) but hadn't gotten round to reading the first. Now I am thinking i probably should check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this one on my wishlist for ages now. I'm really going to have to pick it up soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has been on my list for a while. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but just haven't got to it yet. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book because of the Goodreads YA Book club and I'm very glad that I did. It was so awesome. Loved every second. I even reviewed it :)

    ~Trish Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good. So many postive reviews. I will have to get it.

    Great review!

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/2011/06/blood-red-road-review.html

    ReplyDelete