Thursday, July 28, 2011

Banned Books

I am a little behind on reading the book I am on so I haven't had a new post this week.  Sooooo... I thought I would post this cool picture I found for banned book week this year. 

Banned Books Week

For Banned Books Week, which will be held September 24-October 1 this year, readers, booksellers and librarians around the world can participate by posting videos of themselves reading from their favorite banned books on a special YouTube channel. Excerpts may be up to two minutes long, and people who talk about battles defending banned or challenged books make speak for up to three minutes.

The American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression is encouraging booksellers to film their customers as part of this effort and will provide instruction on how to create the videos. Booksellers can send the videos to ABBFE, which will edit them, add store names and logos and post them. The videos will be tagged so that stores can put them on their websites, blogs, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.

ABFFE is also helping booksellers participate in more traditional ways: its Banned Books Week handbook offers tips on promotions, including making displays, as well as listing posters that can be downloaded and reproduced at copy shops. The American Library Association has promotional information, too.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good idea but I have to admit I'd be too nervous to post a video of me reading online. I hate videos of myself. Still it is great to promote reading banned books!

    Happy Reading!
    DT From http://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete