Friday, October 7, 2011

And Tango Makes Three by by Justin Richardson Review


I read this book because everyone during banned book week was talking about it.  Here is the goodreads description:
In the zoo there are all kinds of animal families. But Tango's family is not like any of the others. This illustrated children's book fictionalizes the true story of two male penguins who became partners and raised a penguin chick in the Central Park Zoo.


I find it sad that people made a big deal out of this book.  I mean I understand that there are people out there who don't like homosexuals, but I find it hard to see that this books makes things any worse.  In fact I thought it was a beautiful book about love.  So many people are missing love in their life or even the love of a family so to read this was wonderful.  Love can be found anywhere if you just look!!!  I gave it four kitties because I didn't love the illustrations.  Oh and this is based off a true story so if I ever go to the Central Park Zoo in New York I soooo want to see these penguins!




3 comments:

  1. That book looks so adorable! I think it's horrible people would want to ban children's books like this. What about the kids who ARE growing up in same-sex parent households? I'm sure they must enjoy finding books that reflect their own life experiences, as much as the rest of us do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this book should be banned at all. Kids who haev same sex parents or know same sex parents ought to know about it. Its not like they are going away. Great post!

    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this book but have never read it. I think it's great. Families come in all different forms!

    ReplyDelete