Sunday, August 19, 2012

Showcase Sunday #1





Hello and welcome to Showcase Sunday. Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. You can find Showcase Sunday here!


So this week for me was quite exciting. I participated in my first read-a-thon!! It was great... a few days I got behind because a friend was over here like every dang day (I am so glad their college starts back up tomorrow). Otherwise I read two books and am half way through my third. This coming week I plan on finishing Map of Time (my sister loaned me) , reading Of Poseidon (library) , and reading Spine of the World (library).   The video games I will be playing this week are Mass Effect 3 (borrowed from a friend) Xbox 360, Mario Party 9 (library) Wii, Mario Sports Mix (library) Wii, and The Malgrave Incident (library) Wii.  I think some of you might be interested in The Malgrave Incidient game if you are interested in Hidden Object games.  It has so many of those games and at the same time you are trying to figure out a mystery.  Super fun!!




How was your week and how did you get on with your Bout of Books (or other read-a-thon) goals? Have you read any of these three books or played these video games? What did you guys get? As always, make sure to leave a link to your own Showcase Sunday post!   Did you happen to catch the drama with this trailer and book that features blackface? Save the Pearls has stirred up a little controversy.   What do you think about it?  Does it go too far?

Happy Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment