Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ho Ho Ho Holiday Read-a-thon

HoHoHoRATsmall 

I have been wanting to do a read a thon for a while now.  Though I won't be doing all holiday reads.  I wish I could but my tbr pile has to have me read the Diviners for my book club.  I am going to try to squeeze one in though.  Holiday reads are hard to find though so I am going to glance through other lists to find ideas!  This is hosted by Caffinated Book Reviewer!

The goal of this read-a-thon is to read some holiday themed books.
It starts on November 7th @ 12:01 am & ends on November 11th @ 11:59 pm.
The Twitter hashtag is #HoHoHoRAT.


I hear a lot of good things about this book:

And of course this is a creepy book that takes place in Christmasland!!!  I need to read this one!

 So that is the Christmas book I plan on this time around!
Here are the challenges for the read-a-thon if you want to join.  Check back to this post for my challenge answers:
 Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings “Holiday Scramble”
Melissa & Truffles @ Melissa’s Mochas, Mysteries & More “Christmas Truffles Creative Writing Challenge”
Sharon @ Obsession with Books “Holiday Traditions & Recipes”
Vilia @ Backchatting Books “Twelve Days of Christmas”
April @ My Shelf Confessions “Christmas Cover Lover Puzzle Challenge”
 

10 comments:

  1. I really liked Dash and Lily but didn't adore it as so many seem to. I think the MC's just annoyed me a tad which stopped me falling head over heels with it. The creepy one looks interesting, I'll look forward to your thoughts on that one!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the Diviners so I am going to jump right into the other ones!

      Delete
  2. Nice list, I want to read both of these, look forward to hearing your thoughts on them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My read a thon went really well... though I didn't get to these two books I put in 10 hours of reading in two days!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading your reviews on the above holiday books! I picked three novels to read for the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon, but I think I may be a bit overly ambitious about my holiday reading goals as of this moment I'm only 175 pages into the 1st book. Hopefully, I'll finish the 1st book today and move onto the next one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I am going to stop by your blog and check on your progress. I didn't get to mine either. But the book I was already reading when the Ho Ho Ho started was a really long book!

      Delete
  4. I loved Dash & Lily's Book of Dares! I still have to buy a copy of my own and would love to make it an annual Christmas read. Hope you enjoy your holiday-themed reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to get started on it. Fun to read books that have to do with the seasons!

      Delete
  5. I really loved Dash & Lily's!! I own a copy and plan on rereading it this December, it's really fun and cute and easy to read. Good luck with your reading goals :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am going to visit everyone's goals today and see how they are doing!

      Delete