Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Suicide Squad Movie Review


Suicide Squad.  It was the movie I had been anticipating all summer.  I know this review is late and yes I did see it opening night. The week the movie was coming out I was starting to get worried.  The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes from the critics wasn't that great.  But... I never trust the critics.  Sometimes, they can't stand a movie but the general audience loves it. Still I was nervous. If you google Suicide Squad reviews right now all you are going to see are the negative reviews from the critics.  Honestly this movie was good.  No it's not the caliber of Marvel movies... but I still thought as a comic fan it was good. 



The actors were great in their roles... except Will Smith.  I'm sorry but when I see him act lately all I see is Will Smith and not the character he is acting.  Otherwise Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn was amazing.  Personally I also really liked Jared Leto's portrayal of Joker was a new take that impressed me. I wish the film had utilized the Joker more.  I feel like since he was the big villain in the previous Batman films Suicide Squad decided to not go this route. The problem with this film I do think is that the plot was a little bit too much for people who have never been introduced to these characters before.  The villain was weak too. WEAK!  I don't even know if the villain exists in the comics or was made up for the film?  I've seen people saying this film is worse the the Green Lantern film.  Um... did we watch the same Green Lantern movie???

Eventually I know DC is going to pull together their movies.  It's just DC is trying to speed it's way into the movie world and not really giving character development a go.  I do hope to see more Harley Quinn in other movies, and possibly this Joker. One can only hope!

I give this film a B


No comments:

Post a Comment