Monday, May 23, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides


 Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides
Description from IMBD.com
Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he's not sure if it's love -- or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past

So I went to see this Friday opening night and am just not getting out my review.  Personally I really liked this movie, even though most reviews were bad.  I am not really sure why.  I thought it was funny, great action, and a great play off old characters that we have got to know over the years.  I skipped seeing it in IMAX and 3D because of all the bad reviews.  I didn't want to spend my money on something that stinks.  Though now I wish I did see it in 3D.  I am very glad that the movie writers got rid of Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly's characters.  They were starting to drag the story down.  If you liked the first two movies check this one out!


1/2

7 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you liked it. :) I want to go see it, but my husband doesn't, so now we have a stand-off.

    Hmmm - think I'd like to see it in 3d after hearing you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I'm your newest Networked Blogs and GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it opening night as well. Did you have anyone dressed up in Pirate gear? My showing totally did! I thought it was funny too. I dont think it was bad review worthy. I thought it was better then the 3rd one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm relieved to hear you liked it. The bad reviews had us second guessing whether we wanted to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! :D Glad you liked it!!--I saw it in 3D and really had a good time!!!--I definitely thought this was one of the best in the series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you why I loved it: only Johnny Depp can make a guy-liner and dreadlocks that sexy! The movie was great!

    ReplyDelete